Friday, July 10, 2009

Sweet and Lowdown

I've got a double-header of home tournaments the next couple of nights, both of which I have cashed in but not won (2nd and 3rd) in the past few months. Both are rebuy tournaments, tonight's is my regular one and tomorrow's is one I first played in last month. Still working the transition mentally in the differences between my cash play, which surprisingly to me, has become more regular than my tournament play. So both tonight and tomorrow, with the rebuys out there, I am going to pick a spot early on, try to exploit even a minute mathematical edge in a hand, and send it in. Since I like to hold on to my second rebuy to rebuff a potential bad or tough beat later on in tonight's tournament, if my minute edge doesn't hold, I'll retreat into grinding/stealing systematic play and attempt to build a stack with the help of the deck and position.

I'll give a quick write up tomorrow of tonight's tourney and then hope to follow with the same Sunday for Saturday night's action.

No comments: